Fortunately the Jeep wrangler is such a popular off road vehicle that there are many kits available to raise it up if you desire to do so. Many of these kits are designed for the do-it- yourselfer and can be done with no problems even if you have only a limited mechanical knowledge base. They are also prepackaged with everything you need to do the job.
Let’s take a look at 4 of the best lift kits for Jeep JK models on the market:
Rough Country (620N2) 4″ Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Wrangler
- Rough Country 620N2 4" Lift Kit compatible w/ 1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ w/Power Steering w/ N3 Shocks Suspension System
- Price as of 04/06/2020 10:42 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
This is an excellent lift kit for those of you that own a 1987 – 1995 model Jeep Wrangler. The 4 inches of additional clearance it gives you will take you over sand, brush and water that might ordinarily have been a problem. That is a lot of peace-of-mind when you are out and about in 4 wheel mode. It is a kit that has everything you need included right in the package.
The features of this kit are such things as lift springs for the front, brake line relocation fittings and U-bolts. It is a 100% bolted on system that will hold up well under even the most challenging conditions. The 4 inch rear blocks are of especially high quality material and all the leaf springs are doubled tapered and include Teflon pad inserts. There are 4 nitrogen charged shocks included that have chrome hardened piston rods. It is even designed so the transfer case drop angle keeps the proper drive shaft angle at all times. The kit ensures that not only can your Jeep handle off road conditions better but it will still go down the highway smoothly also. This is definitely one of the best lift kits for Jeep Wranglers out there.
Rough Country 609S 3.5″ Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Wrangler
- Rough Country 3.5" Lift Kit (fits) 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 4DR | N3 Shocks | Suspension System | 69430
- Price: $476.96
- Price as of 04/07/2020 02:27 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
For those of you with 2007 – 2018 model year Jeep Wranglers, Rough Country has designed an excellent 3.5 inch lift kit for you. Just like all their kits, this kit contains everything you need including the nuts and bolts. The highlight of this package is the factory turned coil springs; these use special correction plates that adjust the angle 10% and that allows the rear coil springs to function with much more precision. The included shocks are Premium N3.0 style shocks that allow you to adjust the front of the Jeep so it’s level with the back for a smooth ride.
There are other nice features that come with this all-inclusive lift kit too. It includes high quality, strong U-bolts for longevity, front lifted leaf springs and rear 4 inch coil blocks. The manufacturer claims it is a kit that can easily be installed by even by novice mechanics in as little as 4 ½ -- 6 hours. The detailed instructions that come with it will help there too.
Teraflex Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Dr Unlimited 2.5″ Suspension Lift With FREE Steering Stabilizer -- Includes Teraflex Lift # 1251000 & Stabilizer # 1513001
- Teraflex Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Dr Unlimited 2.5" Suspension Lift With FREE Steering Stabilizer - Includes Teraflex Lift # 1251000 & Stabilizer # 1513001
- Price as of 04/06/2020 17:21 PDT(more info)Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
This is an excellent kit (see full specs) for those of you who only require a little bit of extra clearance for the way you use your Wrangler. It is an all-inclusive kit that includes the shocks and all the necessary hardware too. Once it is done you will be able to put up to 35 inch tires on your Wrangler (you will also need to purchase separately wheels with 4.5 inches of back spacing).
The kit even features Teraflex’s custom over-sized steering stabilizer; this item goes a long way toward eliminating bump steer. This is surely one of the top contenders for best lift kit for Jeep JK’s out there.
Rough Country -- PERF678 -- 2.5-inch Premium Suspension Lift Kit with Performance N3 Series Shocks for Jeep: Wrangler
- Rough Country 2.5" Lift Kit (fits) 2007-2018 Jeep Wrangler JK 2DR | N3 Shocks | Suspension System | PERF678
- Price: $339.95
- Price as of 04/06/2020 14:16 PDT
This kit clearly shows why Rough Country is still one of the premier lift kit designers. It is yet another all-inclusive lift kit package from the manufacturer that makes lift kits easy to install even if you are not a professional mechanic. It will fit model year Jeep Wranglers from 2007 – 2018.
The kit features 100% bolt on parts, brake line brackets for the required relocation of them, lift springs for the front, rear lift blocks and when finished it provides a full 2 ½ inches of additional ground clearance. The advanced spring retention system is designed to keep the wheel in place even if there is a situation that involves full wheel articulation in either direction.
IMPORTANT LIFT KIT INSTALLATION TIPS
1. After you purchase the kit go through the package and make sure you have all the parts; there is no use starting the job until you do.
2. Do not attempt to start the procedure until you have thoroughly read over the installation instructions and are confident you have everything you need to do the job properly.
3. Make sure you are installing your lift kit with your vehicle on a flat solid surface such as concrete or asphalt.
4. For safety reasons, make sure that once you jack up the vehicle you put jack stand under the vehicle.
5. Work from the front of the vehicle fist and then proceed to work on the back. This will help you make important adjustments as you work.
6. When you are finished with the kit installation its ok to take the vehicle for a test drive but do not use the vehicle until you have taken it to the shop to get a complete 4 wheel realignment otherwise you may ruin your tires.
These are all very good lift kits that are sure to meet your clearance needs and to accommodate larger size tires, and we hope you’ve found, for your needs, the best lift kits for Jeep JK in this article. Good luck!